There is a large variety of plug-ins for getting the Google Analytics tracking code onto the pages on your WordPress site. The range from the simple – merely adding the tracking ID for the site, to the complex featuring analytics data had charts that are accessible on the admin panel.
I prefer the simpler solutions, as there is less likely hood of plugin conflicts and performance issues. Below are two that provide basic functionality plus a couple of perks.
GA Google Analytics
This plug-in is created and maintained by Perishable Press. The plug is free, though they do suggest a donation. It has the essential features needed for any WordPress site:
- Insert tracking ID
- Toggle tracking on or off
- Insert tracking code in the page header or footer
- Toggle on or off to support universal tracking, display advertising or enhanced link attribution
- Insert area for other tracking code such as Bing webmaster tools.
GA Google Anayltics is available from the Perishable Press web site or the WordPress Plug-in Library.
NK Google Analytics
The NK Google Analytics plug-in deliveres the same features as the GA Google Analytics above, but with a few more options. In addtion to the above list:
- Options for compliance with the EU cookie law
- Options for blocking GA when logged in as admin, editor, author, subscriber or contributor
NK Google Analytics is available for download at the WordPress Plug-in Library